Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bachelorette In Vegas

Yes, the title is correct I will be having a bachelorette party in Vegas the weekend of June 4-6th. Look OUT Vegas!!

Huh? Wha?? WHO?? ... I know, right? Sooo not me BUT I'm always one for firsts and for venturing outside of my comfort zone. A wedding seems like a perfect reason to celebrate.

I've never even been to a Bachelorette Party before or Las Vegas.

OK, I lied.
I was at ONE bachelorette party before. My cousin got married 13 years ago in Atlanta. I was 17 years old and still in high school. (Coincidentally that was also the only time I was a bridesmaid) We cruised around Atlanta, GA. in a Limo and hit up bars and clubs a few nights before her wedding. The group snuck me into all the bars telling the bouncers I was the bride-to-be.

I was also in Vegas once. I stopped there on my cross country drive from St Louis to Los Angeles in 2001. I was 21 years old, unemployed and broke as hell. On our way from the grand canyon we stayed one night in the Motel 6 on the strip. I only had enough money for 2 drinks and some slot machines. I hated it and never wanted to go back....

I don't think either of those experiences count, really.

It comes down to: I've never gone B I G in Vegas. I've heard that if you're there to get away, to do something new, to escape your life, and to party (and you have some $$ to do it) That it can be so much fun. SO I'm giving Vegas a second chance :)

And this is my moment! My last chance at singlehood !! ... er whatever. Not that I believe my life will end when I'm married Or that much will change, really. I'll still have my independence and have time to spend with my girlfriends. (Chad's very supportive of my need to travel and to spend time away....) That being said - a wedding just a good excuse - a damn good excuse - to do something special and out of the ordinary.

So, I asked my very dear friend Beth to help me organize. She's definitely the best woman for the job. I gave her a short list of names and she took care of picking the date, emailing the girls and finding a killer hotel.

There will be 7-8 girls in two suites at the Hard Rock Hotel. She got us a awesome deal on the rooms Plus her friend designed the night club there so he hooked us up with free entry. She planned the first Friday night out on the town, Saturday relaxing by the pool, Saturday evening dinner and wine in the room with the ladies. Sunday we'll hang by the pool then people will leave.

I'm really SO excited! This will be SO MUCH FUN!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to go Shayna!