Saturday, March 17, 2007

i had a draft of a previous post entitled "Grad School Updates"

and this one now is just my own little freak out, cause I don't have the time or the energy to explain the entire situation. But it basically comes down to:
I have to make the most major and life changing decision within the next 12 days.
I don't have all the information I need.
But new very confusing information has been brought to the table...
AND I'm leaving the country ... on MONDAY.
ACK.

(Iowa Arts Fellowships** for first-year UI MFA students carry a minimum stipend of $15,000 for the academic year, plus tuition and fees for as many as two years. The second year’s award is contingent upon demonstration of exceptional progress toward completing the MFA degree. There are no departmental service obligations.)

I guess I really hadn't considered the implications of it all until faced with such huge decisions... it's not a simple as I had once thought. It's way bigger and it's more overwhelming than I had anticipated..

so I say EFF this blog and I will handle my shit and then let y'all know when I know, but I won't make you read through all the stress and ups and downs that I will inevitably be dealing with, til it's all over and I can serve you up the finished story neatly wrapped with a bow and you won't know every detail that went into it's making.

oh, and I've been drinking all day. I'm sure it doesn't help my emotional stability at the moment.

I'm on the top of the waiting list of University of the Arts in Philadelphia.

No comments: