Yes, it's May and Chad and i drinking again.
Thoughts on the last month:
- I can have fun without booze.
- I feel healthier and more clear headed.
- I went to bed earlier and felt better in the mornings. (no hangovers = yay)
- Although tempting at moments, it wasn't as hard as i anticipated.
- I probably won't be drinking as much in the future.
- I feel like i pressed a reset button, or something....
Last night we met up with friends at The City Beer Store for a celebratory first drink. It was nice. Then we went to the Gold Club for their 4 year anniversary party (free food buffet and free drinks from 7-9p) then to some strip clubs in North Beach. Today i feel kinda filthy: strippers and booze, bleh.
... maybe i should ease myself back into things...
On another note:
I do really like the idea of temporary dietary elimination as a method of detox and cleansing.
I've decided for May I'm going to eliminate foods with high sugar content. I obviously will not be eliminating sugars entirely (that would be next to impossible) but really obvious things like: ice cream, chocolate, soda, cookies, cake etc.
I definitely don't over do it on these foods by any means and it's not as social as drinking so I don't think it will being as much of a challenge as April. It's more for the detox aspects and for self discipline.
No comments:
Post a Comment