It's a glorious sunny beautiful day in Chicagoland: temps around 50 degrees and the air is fresh and warm. It's a good 40 degrees warmer than it was this time last week (12 degrees). Spectacular. Amazing. Stupendous.... all true.
Briefly sitting out on my front stoop as Chad packed the bike into the Jetta I realized how much mOre appreciation I have for this weather after 4 months of blustery cold winter. Coming from SF, sunshine (or fog) and mild temperatures are natural and expected. I've always appreciated sunshine but not like this. It's never felt as good as this. This air tastes sweeter and lighter.
But, alas. I am stuck inside on the couch suffering from food poisoning. After sushi Thursday night I spent some time at school and then went to the gym. I missed my train and finally made it home around 11pm, exhausted from a full day. That night my stomach started really hurting. I felt nauseated and uncomfortable. Although I wasn't puking I was in an immense amount of pain. I awoke the next morning feeling feverish and achy still with extreme stomach aches. I barely ate anything all day yesterday and finally when i had some dinner again my stomach started doing back flips. Even drinking water hurts.
This morning, still feeling queasy I again tried to eat some breakfast. Now things have starting rushing out the (ahem) ... the other end. Its worse than the stinky saline flush of the master cleanse. My belly is still hurts and I'm in a lot of pain but at least I know it's moving out of me.
Im just super bummed to be stuck inside on the first gorgeous day in forever in Chicago. The rest of the week will be in the 30s and 40s, so it will stay warmer than ten, but won't be quite so amazing as today.
I only wish I could be riding my bike to farmers markets with Chad this afternoon. Riding my bike is biggest thing i've missed this winter. I know I will have a chance to do it again soon, but... sigh... I wish it could be today.
for now i rest, and wait, and rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment