Sorry, I've been so absent. I can't believe it's almost been a month since my last post. So much has been keeping me busy!
I went to Vegas. That was FUN!
F .
U .
N
fun.
pix are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaynakatherine/sets/72157624240190634/
It was mostly just us girls hanging out and getting rowdy. We probably could have done it anywhere, but I'd never really been to Vegas, plus the convenience of house keeping, multiple diff bars + 2 clubs and 4 restaurants to choose from, plus a super awesome pool with a beach. Oh, yea ---
Chad and I drove to Galena to visit our midwest wedding location. It was good to meet with the lady there and get a better sense of how things would go.
Chad posted pix here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadn/sets/72157624266227586/
It's so much prettier in the summer. lush and green. And they're letting us do exactly what we want on the property which is so important. Plus its relatively affordable (in terms of wedding standards) I'm really excited and totally couldn't think of a better place to get married. I know it's a treck for almost all of our family and friends to get there, but once they're there they'll understand why we picked Galena and Oak Hill as the spot for the ceremony.
I'm just reaaaaallly hoping it doesn't rain.
I need EVERYONE to cross their fingers for us.
This Friday is my Chicago Bachelorette party (take 2). Since two of my good friends couldn't make the Vegas excursion they decided to throw a Chicago version. Michelle, who missed her flight out to vegas :( is coming in for the weekend too!! It will be good times.
Then the following weekend we'll be heading to Lakes of Fire -- the midwest, great lakes regional burning man event. Last year we had a blast and met like a zillion people involved in the BM community here in Chicago. This year's event will be double the amount that attended last year. I'm definitely reaaaallly looking forward to this. Although we don't necessarily have all the time in the world to take trips like this, I do feel like we've found our little family here. It will be good times.
Also -- my dress is here ! and done! yay.
And... too many other things going on to list.
No comments:
Post a Comment