Horror movies.. love 'em. Especially around halloween season: adrenaline cascading through my limbs, heart beat racing faster, ready to jump, out of my skin... mmm, thrills and chills..Tonight I watched Steven King's Carrie. It was my seccond viewing of the film. The first time being 10 years ago, at the very least. I've been craving a good scare so when I saw it on the shelf at Into Video I indulged my instincts and rented it.
Holy Shit!!! Carrie really IS a fucking good movie that can stand the test of time. There's a reason it's a classic. They don't make horror movies like this anymore. There's a slow psychological build up and careful investigation of the characters. It's scarey and creepy and disturbing all at once. It's not like horror movies today that just throw surprises and gore at you left and right, this one takes its time in building. PLUS the cinematography is incredible and all the shots are beautiful... even when she is covered in blood and massacring the entire senior class at prom.
No comments:
Post a Comment