Saturday, October 07, 2006

Road TRIP!!


The road trip is in the works. Here's the tentative plans:
Chad and I leave SF on Monday October 23rd. Giving ourselves 8 days to get to Minneapolis we anticipate passing through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming or Colorado, then heading through the Badlands and Black Hills in South Dakota. (Mount Rushmore.. hurrah!) In Minneapolis we stay with Carrie, a dear friend I met while living in Los Angeles, and visiting with Becky, another one of my best friends from my WU, St. Louis days. From there we head to Chicago to hang out and I get a chance to look at Columbia College of Art in Chicago. Then to Iowa City to visit University of Iowa School of Art. Then off to St. Louis to revisit old haunts and other cool places. I lived there from 1998 - 2001. It's actally pretty dead, but they do have The City Museum. It's basically a gigantic, life-size jungle gym made entirely out of recylced materials for both children and adults to enjoy. It seriously is that coool, and probably one of my favorite places in the country. ferrealz.

From there, the plans are somewhat up in the air. I will head to my parents' house in Washington DC and, depending on circumstances, figure out the best way back to the bay area.

I'm sosososooooo excited for this trip. I've been wanting to drive cross country for a while now, and here we go, it's finally happening. For Real this time. Hopefully all will go smoothly, we'll have an awesome time, and we won't kill eachother at the end of 3 weeks.

No comments: