Wednesday, November 29, 2006

the Job search

Today I got offered a job at Arch, an art supply store in Petrero Hill. I'm more than fully qualified for this job but extremely hesitant to take it. Mainly because it feels like I'd be regressing instead of moving forward.

I worked at Graphaids for over a year, was assistant manager and know more than enough about art materials and the supply business. By the end of my stint at Graphaids I felt like I had learned a lot, over came challenges and obstacles, and was very, very ready to move on. Basically, I'm over it. I don't need to do it again. I don't want the same job I had when I was 22. It's too easy and comfortable and familiar, and not in a good way.

Plus, they only offer $10/hr to start. After three months of employment they do offer health insurance, which is a bonus, but really the only draw I see for taking this job.

I'm not desperate yet. I understand that working in the food service industry isn't exactly challenging and won't necessarily further my artistic career, but at least it's fun and the money is decent.

I think I'll hold out for something better.

No comments: