YAY!!!!! a final decision has been made!
It's been difficult and stressful and mentally draining to have to think about things like grad school decisions and even to coordinate all my communications and information while over seas in SE Asia. (bleck!)
To Sum it up, in short:
~ I was accepted to Iowa with a full scholarship for fall of 2007. I turned it down
~ I was stuck at the top of the waitlist at University of the Arts in Philadelphia. They encouraged me to reapply for 2008 if i didn't make it off this list this year, but the thought of going through that entire process again is entirely unappealing.
~ I got into Columbia College in Chicago. I have decided to accept admission. I just emailed the director of admissions and am having my mother send in a tuition deposit check ASAP. (before April 23rd) Once they receive my depost I will officially request a deferal of Admission until the fall of 2008.
Columbia in Chicago really is a great school for me I just liked philly cause it was close to my parents and to nyc and not as cold. But Chicago is an awesome town and it is a really amazing school. PLUS, i just found out Rachel has decided to go to Grad School at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (just down the street from Columbia) so eventually we'll be in the same city again.... hooooray!
and that's the end of that.
ciao.
2 comments:
Chicago, Chicago that toddling town
Chicago, Chicago I'll show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago
The town that Billy's Sunday could not shut down
On State Street that great street I just want to say
They do things that they don't do on Broadway - say
They have the time the time of their life
I say a man and he danced with his wife
In Chicago, my home town
- As sung by Frank Sinatra
Congrats, Larry! Oh, wait. Fuck! That means you're probably living out there? As in, not commuting from san francisco? As in, we don't see you so much? Shite!
Post a Comment