real quick:
Last week I had one trial shift at a super fancy-pants, up-scale, totally-out-of-my-league SF restaurant COI. I studied the menu, memorized the ingredients and even got geeky enough to make color coded flash cards. I got there and it SUCKed. The food looked fabulous, but the steps of service were wAy too anal. It has an 11 courses and between each one all the silverware has to be cleared and reset. That's alot of fuckin work. And they worry about shit like: over which should of the guest do you set down their meal and over which shoulder do you bus their plates? I like serving cause it's fun and I like talking to people, not because I enjoy proper etiquette (and since when have I EVER been proper?) yeah. Plus the people who ate there seemed like they had sticks way too far up their asses. SO not me. I hated it and will not got back.
This morning (sunday) I had my first training shift at Slow Club. I will be regularly be working Sunday brunches and maybe a few lunches. (word to Jenny Jo for hooking me up!) Slow Club is definitely my speed.... no uniforms, great food, non-pretentious, laid back employees and clientele. Despite my lack of sleep and my hang over this morning I still really enjoyed my shift. It is still waiting tables and I would rather be in art school however it is definitely really good for now.
Friday night was Melvin and Diane's party: HIJINKS! I had my art up but didn't sell anything. Congrats to Jason for selling and/or trading 5 pieces. I had work up from over two years ago (almost three) I need to start making stuff again.
Last night was our Monkey Island art car fund raiser. It was much, much much fun! Not sure how much $$ we raised yet. I worked door and drink ticket shifts from 9pm - 1am then got to enjoy much of the party afterwards. I did not get enough sleep and prolly drank a little too much but had a damn good time!
still no apartment: Melvin's moving out of his place by the end of the month which means I need to be out before Burning Man. For a few days after learning this news I was a total stress case. Again Fritz has come to my rescue and has been kind enough to let me stay at the Phritzery while Chad and I apartment search.
yes. I said it. We're looking for a place... together. This (very uncharacteristically) does not freak me out. I'm still not looking forward to the hunting for places, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment