Thursday, August 23, 2007

One Year (back) in SF

It was on August 23rd 2006 that i returned to San Francisco to attend Burning Man (the theme: Hope and Fear: The Future.) Now that future has become my past and I look back on a year of great change, amazing friends, good times and travels to and from SF.

I landed in SF only intending on staying for a little while as I planned on to returning to New Orleans immediately following the festival. Chad picked me up from the airport, I reunited with friends and immediately proceeded to fall deathly ill. I let Chad and Fritz do all the prep work as I lay feverish in bed. When I finally recovered, I wrote this blog post in anticipation of the week to come, knowing I was at a cross roads in my life.

The last year had been a major transitional year for me as I've made strides towards figuring out my life, assessing my priorities and working towards a more stable future. I've spent a great amount of time surrounded by friends in SF many I knew from before as well as many new acquaintances; I applied and was accepted to grad school in Chicago; spent quite a bit of time traveling, which wasn't entirely my goal, but just happened that way; And Chad and I decided to give another shot at a relationship. That has been good... and leads me into the next chapter of my life: stability and a home.

A week after Burning Man, (and after a year of indecision, traveling, couch surfing and living in kitchens) on Sept 11th Chad and I will move into our new apartment in the Mission, thus marking another turning point in my life.

No comments: