
If any of you know me you know i've been cutting my own hair for the last seven years: It was late 2000 and I had just turned 21. I was still in St. Louis living with Rachel in our U. City apartment. Sick and tired of hair dressers fucking things up I decided: "if it's gonna be fucked I might as well be the one responsible." Rachel dragged me to Walgreens to purchase a pair hair cutting scissors and since then it's just been me and my scissors.
I used to get compulsive about it. Jillian would find me after a bad day taking my frustrations out on my hair just hacking away at it in the bathroom at 516. I kept it short and low maintenance. In 2005 I started growing it out... That took some will power and being isolated in the mountains of New York State. As it's gotten longer I've started thinking again about cuts and styles and doing something different.

Today was that fateful day. Today I went into a hair salon (for the first time in over 7 years) and paid money (and it wasn't cheap) for someone else to cut my hair. Thankfully it was no stranger. My friend Brian has been cutting hair for 13 years and specializes in chunky, layered, unique styles.
i LOVE it!!
1 comment:
You look pretty Shayna.
Post a Comment