Check one off my list of New Years Resolutions!!
On January 11th 2008 I was approved for health insurance through Blue Cross of California. It's been two years since my school insurance expired and I've been living uninsured. I've been going to Planned Parenthood for donation-only regular OB/GYN check ups and free birth control. I did have that one broken-wine-glass incident last year that ended in a trip to the ER and an $1800 hospital bill. Luckily, I applied for financial assistance, sent in my pay stubs and bank account balance and the entire amount was waived.
Thanks to Chad for pointing me in the direction of http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ and to my mom for advice and support on which plan would be best for me I signed up for a $62/mo. Blue Cross Basic PPO 1000 plan with a $1000 deductible but pretty much no other benefits. (I hardly ever go to the doctor anyways)
No comments:
Post a Comment