
Our departure date is fast approaching and in less then a month Chad and I will start our journey to Chicago!! I don't think it's quite hit me yet that we're leaving. I've come and gone from so many places over the years (DC, St. Louis, LA, SF, NY, NoLA ...), in some ways this just feels like another chapter turning - or I'm in total denial.
Throughout my adult life I have lived in San Francisco the longest (5 years on and off). I moved here in 2003 and although I've come and gone over the years it's always held my heart and captivated my soul. This time around, my departure seems more real; I'm not leaving with the pretense of a quick return - I'll be gone for at least three years, maybe more, maybe forever- who knows. What I do know for sure is I will definitely be back for visits - many, many visits! (We have already booked a flight for Halloween weekend - favorite holiday of the year, and there's no better place in the world to celebrate, but in San Francisco!)
So, here's our schedule for the next month:
7/18 - 7/20 - goodbye camping weekend in central California
7/25 - my last day of work
7/26 - big goodbye barbeque-day-party in Golden Gate Park, SF
--- that week i pack my stuff, sell my bike, downsize and rid myself of nonessentials ---
8/3 - Chad runs SF marathon (my last weekend in town)
8/5 - 8/14 - We depart SF and take 10 days to drive through Utah, Idaho, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, North Dakota, Minnesota to Chicago.
8/15 - Chad flies back to San Fran to put thing in ReloCubes to ship to Chicago while I stay with Rachel and look for an apartment in Chicago (8/15 - 8/27 Chad in SF)
--- rents? totally affordable. A two bedroom? easily less than $1500. I'm gonna go for the gold: on my wish list for ideal apartment is: 2 bedrooms, affordable, hardwood floors, good location (been hearing good things about - Wicker Park, Logan Square, Bucktown, Ukranian Village and other west side neighborhoods), near public transit, balcony, yard, parking space (for chad's car), extra storage space, big closets -chad has a LOT of stuff ;) - washer/dryer in the building ... and I'm sure there's more i could ask for. Ideally I could find the prefect place with all these things but I'll settle for only a few...
8/25 - Orientation starts
8/27 - Chad ships our stuff and flies back from SF to Chicago
8/29 - 9/1 - in Atlanta for wedding and to see family.
9/2 - CLASSES START!
- Since we don't have a place yet, I'm not sure when we'll be moving in or when our stuff will be getting to Chicago. I will most likely be unpacking and starting grad school simultaneously. -
9/23 - I turn 29!
10/30 - 11/2 - Halloween in SF
No comments:
Post a Comment