Chad and I left SF this morning!! Whoah, yeah.
After 5 years I will no longer be a resident. It feels surreal and strange. Either way I'm stoked to have Chad joining me on this adventure. Although it breaks my heart to leave SF I'm ready for a change of pace AND for seasons in a big city.
We had the car packed up last night before we met for one last drink with friends at BAR mission and were ready to jet out early this morning. We left at 9am and arrived here in Salt Lake City around 10:30pm. It was a steady, boring drive through the Sierra's across northern Nevada and into SLC. We stopped briefly for lunch, I forget where and then again for dinner at a Casino on the Nevada/Utah border.
It was a pretty uneventful drive highlighted by two brush fires on the side of the Nevada highway.
Tomorrow we explore a little of Salt Lake City (The Mormon Tabernacle and Antelope Island State Park) then head into Idaho (no, youdaHOE) and from there we explore The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone for a few days before we rocket through North Dakota and Minnesota.
We'll land in Chicago August 14th ish or so... We plan on camping the next few nights but I'll keep you posted.
good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment