Monday, March 02, 2009

Grumpy

I might be getting sick.
Maybe the winter cold is starting to get to me and I just need a little sunshine, warmbreezes and green to cheer me up.
Maybe it's just exhaustion from the weekend (Rachel's Bday activities) which I don't really have time to indulge anymore.

Either way, today was pretty crumby. NOT because anything particularly bad happened. More, it's just that i'm grumpy. I became aware of my irritability in class when the girl sitting next to me was laughing at everything and I had the urge to punch her in the face. I was SO annoyed. Clearly, it was me (and my moods) over reacting and being overly emotional, but still! And then i got annoyed at myself being annoyed.... double whammy. Then through most of class i continued to let little things get to me.. blar. It's more than apathy, it's active dislike. I rarely feel this way, so I'm sure it will pass by tomorrow once i have a good night's rest.

I did have a chance to talk with Sara, who will be helping me organize my community garden idea. That part of my evening was encouraging and good.

At home I decided to give myself some mental space from school and creating work. It all will probably only feed my bad mood. Well, I did watch a papermaking dvd I got from the library and then caught up on personal emails, but there's no good way to be creative or productive when in this state.

Tomorrow I will wake up early for a good long run and some yoga. Maybe that way I can blow off some steam and realign myself in a more pleasant reality.

No comments: