can't sleep. again.
for the hundredth time. Mondays are hard, when I have class til 9:30pm i get home 10:30 and my mind is still racing. It's hard to unwind.
I leave for SF in two days (ish) and I have so much to get done before i leave. School work, studio hours... Crits are the week after i get back and I need more time to flush out my ideas. sigh. I just wish I had more time to get further before i have to leave. I would worry less.
I AM super excited for my SF trip, tho. I have all sorts of plans and friends to see. I'm already almost booked up. PLUS I need to find time to get work done. I feel this SF trip might break me (in a good way - I'm sure many drinks and fun nights will be had.) I need to make sure i keep at least some of my marbles intact for school.
double sigh.
it will be good to get away. I'm ready for a break. I just wish it could be an actual break (with no thoughts of work or what's to come) I'm ready for May when I won't have to feel tired and over extended like i always have a hundred things on my to-finish list and not enough hours in the day....
Despite my whining, I am totally excited about this semester. I love my classes and my teachers. I'm working on projects i actually care about. It's good. I do feel like i've hit my stride and am able to balance school work, social life and a relationship. .... - I do have to say school work takes up MOST of my time (i can't wait to have a free weekend off) but i make sure to spend at least one or two nights a week with friends and/or chad. I can't ever drink too much or stay out tooooo late cause i almost always need my energy the next day.
MOST nights i'm workign late in the studios.
But I feel like i've struck a good balance where i can at least keep up with my work load and still feel like a human being (instead of just a work-making art machine)
Summer! I'm so ready!!! i had forgotten what it's like to not be freezing, constantly... Spring is in the air!!! I can ride my bike to school and be out side without wanting to curl up and die!
and it will only get better (and warmer from here)
And
now
i hope i can get some
sleep.
2 comments:
Hey! yay, I am happy you'll be in SF for a few days! I hope you get some sleep. Try some CALMS FORTE, if you don't sleep tonight. It's a homeopathic pill, you get it at Vitamin Shoppe, or Walgreens. Kava Kava is good, too (but- bad for your liver if you take too much, too often)
xoox
Post a Comment