Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I (heart) New Orleans




a few more thoughts...
I didn't spend my entire time working at Common Ground. I got a chance to get out a little while I was there. After speaking with a friend who had lived there for over a year, I got a list of places to see live music and to enjoy southern cuisine.

Just walking around I could feel the depth of history and richness of culture in the streets and in the people. I ate more deep fried food than I care to admit, saw an incredible jazz band, spoke with some fascinating and friendly individuals, drank, danced and, generally speaking, was merry.

This city's got more soul and character than any place I've ever been.

A few more reasons why New Orleans ROCkS:
-- Gosts, Spirits, Haunts, and history
-- VooDoo and magic
-- Pirates
-- Music and dancing - the birthplace of Jazz
-- Parties and drinking
-- HOT SAUCE!
-- FOOD: deep fried (I enjoyed a fried shrimp PO-BOY, and fried green tomatoes!)

No comments: