happy easter!
I attended church this morning for the seccond time in my life. The first being at Glide Community Church in the Tenderloin in San Francisco. The emphasis being not on a particular religion, but on community, support and love.
AMEN!
The service at St. John's Baptist church this morning consisted of mostly singing and clapping and giving thanks and praise. Just singing "THANK YOU" with a room full of people, I couldn't help but actually feeling thankful for everything I have. So maybe some people thank Jesus, and some people disagree, but ultimately isn't it just important to recognize what you have?
I won't go into all my thoughts on this, but I do have faith in humanity and in community, and I feel it in my heart, bringing tears to my eyes when we all come together to celebrate what we share.... if it's through religion, or music, or dancing, or volunteer support, or over food, or with family, or with friends or with complete strangers we're all on this earth together.
(ok, you can go throw up now. I think I've reached my cheese quota for at least decade, since when did I become such a cornball?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment