Tuesday, April 11, 2006

HERE I COME!!!


It’s my last half hour in San Francisco... What an incredible adventure.

Familiarity has allowed me to realize how I’ve changed. Returning home can be deceiving. On the surface everything seems the same as it was. But who I am kidding? It’s been nine months. San Francisco is the same, but I am not. Did I really think everything would pick up right where it left off? I’ve experienced so much. I’ve been on the move. I guess I didn’t realize how exhausted I am.

Some time Friday afternoon I hit my breaking point. I needed to escape the person I was trying to be. The person I once was. The person I no longer am. Did I forget how to have fun? Did I forget how to be around people?

The answer: Heck no! ;)

On Sunday I reached my turning point. I realized I just needed to give myself a little time to ease my(new)self into my old social behaviors. Do I sound like a cornball? Yes. But I’m also just a little more self-aware.

My last two days here were perfect and Exactly what I needed to remind me who I am and who I can be.

The sun finally emerged on Monday and I experienced the quintessential SF day: a walk around Upper Haight, a stroll through the pan handle, a trip to Baker Beach, topped off with pitchers of beer at Zeitgeist (and, what’s a trip to SF without the beer garden at the best bar in town??)

I wish I could share I pictures, but I seem to have left the cable for my digi camera at someone’s (Chad?) house. Damn! You’ll just have to wait.

So, I’m on my way, excited for the adventures that lie ahead, but also really ready to settle back into life here when I return.

THANK YOU FRIENDS. THANK YOU SF. I LOVE YOU. I’LL BE BACK SOON.

No comments: