I'm listening to Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm sitting in my rooom. My room. complete with electricity. running hot water. a washer/ drier unit. AC. a refridgerator. a phone and internet. a big clean bed. a TV and a CD player. ... this is not as exciting to anyone but myself. I haven't had any of these luxuries for over a month now.
heaven!
The lady I'm renting the room from is a little crazy, but I was desperate and needed to get out of St. Mary's so I feel like I got the best I could under the conditions I was under. I'd rather live with someone of my generation who I could chill with, but nothing is perfect, and this is only temporary; through August 15th.
Tonight I'm going out to Maple Leaf Bar to see Rebirth Brass Band who is aparently incredible. I've seen New Birth Brass Band (a relative of Rebirth) who is soooo much fun to get down to!! I'm going with a few volunteers, including this rad girl, Carrie who is unfortunately leaving at the end of this week. She's one of the few people I've felt like I connected with pretty instantaneously. She's a crazy, hippy, travellor, fire-dancing lady from Colorado.
I had my first full day to myself for over a month now. I slept til noon. I took a loooong hot shower with incredible water pressure. Rode my bike around in the beautiful weather. I took another nap and then went grocery shopping. Now I'm drinking a glass of wine and waiting for my ride.
what a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment