
Hello Friends,
a few more quick updates:
I'm totally exhausted. I've realized I can't be a fulltime volunteer for much longer. 3 weeks and I'm done....
HOWEVER, I don't feel like I'm done with New Orleans yet. I love this city.... There's music pulsing through all the roadways, soul food to fill your belly, and smiles all around to fill your heart. I LOVE it here!
I'm planning on staying through the summer and seeing how things go. Taking my time to experience a new place and the new environment.
Soooo, I just found a job waiting tables at a great Soul Food Restaurant just outside the French Quarter. Tomorrow is my first day. I will continue volunteering for Common Ground and the afterschool program, but only part time. I am currently looking for a place to live... Jobs are super easy to come by... apartments are not (for obvious reasons).
I want you all to know I love you soooo much, and miss you terribly!! There's no one else in the world like you and no one and no city could ever replace you.
XOXOXOXO - shayna
(and once I find a place to sleep, you are all welcome to come visit!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment