I'm schedualled to work 6 freakin shifts at the restuarant next week!! This really pisses me off.
I understand that they're short handed, but the owners of the restaurant make it seem like waiting tables should be my top priority. It's not. I'm not a waitress, that's how I pay rent.
I'm in New Orleans to work on this grant. I feel like when I tell people that I'm an artist all they see is waitress and don't take me seriously. When you're doing something concrete like being a student or working another job then it's easier to get time off.
But when say something like: "I need time to think and create and live in the world" ... they just don't get it.
They need an excuse like:
"I have a doctor's appointment"
"my grandmother died"
"I have class" .....
I need time to make my work damnit! plus Chad's coming into town wednesday. I seriously need to put my foot down and say: "only five shifts a week." and even that seems like too much. I'd rather work four. The reason waiting tables is appealing is I dont' have to work 40 hours a week to pay rent. But here I am... spending my time working to make money. I don't want to flake out on them either. I know shit's hard now for business and for everyone....
but I definately need to say something.
fuckers.
2 comments:
walk in naked snd demand less hours, thats what I do, it helps, trust me!
Love
Carrie
walk in naked and demand less hours, thats what I do, it helps, trust me!
Love
Carrie
Post a Comment