Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Burning Man, San Francisco, Yosemite

Shit.
I've been meaning to write for so long, but life's gotten carried away. and I'm drunk, so here it goes....

Burning Man was spectacular. My best year by far... It was the perfect balance of friends, strangers, daytime, nightime, sleep, art, music and dancing. here's a link to my pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaynakatherine/sets/72157594272641301/

And here I am.. back in San Francisco. My security blanket. My home when I have none other... I've always fought it. tried to deny it. Maybe now it's time I give it another chance. Everything here has always been so easy for me: friends, jobs, social ... everything . It all always just falls into place. and I've fought it. I guess I've wanted a little more struggle to make life feel real. .. or something.

I've decided to see where the winds naturally carry me. Who knows if it's the right decision for me to stay here. But I'm happy for now. really really fucking happy. I'll ride this wave and take it for what it's worth.

I can't think too much about it. I'm just going to let it be what it is. Which is me. here and now.
all the love that makes me feel whole. when I need more I'll seek it out. But for now, I'm happy, so I'll leave it at that, and appreciate it for all it is.

oh. and two days ago I scaled a mountain. I hiked 17 miles / 12 hours round trip up
Half Dome in Yosemite. So, I can officially call myself a BadAss.
here are the pictures from that:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaynakatherine/sets/72157594281907489/

San Francisco.. my friends. I love you!

No comments: