2:47 PM Jon: Shayna?
I have some good news for you.
2:48 PM me: yes
?
Jon: congratulations. On behalf of the School of Art & Art History, I'm delighted to let you know your application was favorably reviewed
and we'll soon be sending an official letter of acceptance to the INtermedia MA|MFA program.
2:49 PM me: yay!
that's great to hear! and it seems quick too ...
Jon: I can fill you in on the details later.
as in by phone sometime in the next few days.
as early as this evening if that works for you.
2:50 PM for now: this includes a .25 RA or TA'ship
me: i'll be working this evening... tomorrow afternoon or Friday before 5pm would work best
Jon: which will make you eligible for in state tuition.
me: this is all very exciting news. thank you!
2:51 PM Jon: and put some cash in your pocket.
again, our congratulations
it's so surreal! I feel like I applied and then stopped thinking about it cause there was nothing i could do and now I actually have to make decisions. Well, at least now I know I have at least one option.
Thanks to Gosia for the letter of recommendation.
and to everyone for helping me edit my essays and giving me pep talks.
and to Chad for the ride cross country to look at schools.
yay for me!!
Update:
I just got off the phone with Jon Winet, the head of the Intermedia program to which I applied. They are offering me 1/4 Graduate Assistantship which means I qualify to work on either a paid Research Assistantship or a paid Teaching Assistantship in addition to qualifying for instate tuition, leaving me with more money at the end of the year. The Graduate Intermedia program is tiny and they're only looking to admit 3 students this coming fall. (I am one of the 3) They really liked my portfolio, but said that my website helped tremendously as well, showing more diversity of my work. http://www.miss-shayna.com
When I asked about the possibility of deffering a year and starting school in the fall of 2008 he said it all depends and that they select many of the students keeping in mind how they will interact with each other...
that's all I know for now. Columbia College in Chicago hasn't even begun to process my application. And I'm still awaiting details on my application to UArts in Philly.
No comments:
Post a Comment