Friday, February 16, 2007

The Long Weekend!

I'm super excited to be heading out of town for the long weekend. I feel like I haven't left the city in ages, although it's really only been since December.

We're leaving early Saturday morning and driving South to the area around San Simeon and Hearst Castle to explore and camp around there. Then on Sunday we will make our way up to Monterey to camp and check out the aquarium and to find other adventures. We'll be getting back to SF sometime Monday evening.

Even though it was relatively last minute, it all worked out perfectly. I was anticipating having to work on Monday night so was looking into buses and possible ride shares from Monterey / Salinas to get me back to SF in time to work. But luck was on my side and when I got to work the other day a coworker asked if I wanted to pick up her Wednesday shift in exchange for one of mine. So she took my Monday shift and I can be gone for the whole entire weekend.
word!

Also, the weather is looking to be fabulous all weekend! A few days ago there was threat of rain, but that has passed, leaving us with a gorgeous weekend to look forward to:

Sunny High
72°F


The weather forecast around Hearst Castle.
The weather forecast around Monterey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that fucking monster sunfish? I can easily imagine being from a primitive culture and seeing it and being all, "You know what? I'm going to worship that thing, just in case."

miss shayna said...

yes! That thing was freaky!! I liked the sea otters and the octopus the best.