Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's almost my Birthday!

It's Saturday night in San Francisco. Tomorrow (in 10 minutes to be exact) is my Birthday.

Why am I at home? Alone??? Well, I had a long, busy day volunteering for Jason and Monica's super successful 3rd clothing swap and I was a little hungover from the night before. Syd and Pascal came over for dinner then Tim showed up, Melvin stopped by, there were shots of vodka, squirt guns and spilled red wine involved. Chad and I were passed out by 1am, but I still woke up a little hazy this morning...

Also I have to work the brunch shift early tomorrow morning. I want to be alert and on top of it. Although I've been doing fine, I know I haven't been my best. I haven't been excersizing my brain enough recently and i keep forgetting simple things, which is frustrating.

I was going to head over to Sam's housewarming/birthday party but I lent my bike to Chad since his was stolen... I had some brews packed in my backpack and hopped on my burning man bike ready to head down to 16th/Dolores area with full intention of making it to Sam's. I got halfway down the block and realized that although the bike is fully fit to ride on the playa, it might not be the safest city riding. I turned around and am now sitting writing this blog waiting for the clock to strike 12...

It did!! I am now 28 years old!!
It feels both old and young. Most of my SF friends are in their 30s so I've gotten used to being considered young. Many people still think of me as younger than i actually am... for the past 4 years Jason has been consistently asking me if i'm turning 24 on my next birthday...

So tomorrow morning i work, that afternoon is a goodbye party for Sarah, tomorrow night i will have a small pot luck dinner at my apartment to celebrate (no ragers like last year) and Monday morning Chad will be taking me out of town on a surprise getaway north of the city. All I know is there will be roadtripping and camping involved in Northern California.

yay for the turning of a new year. Now I really must be getting some sleep.

No comments: