I bought my hoop from a guy in San Francisco just before Burning Man 2004. Although a great source of fun at parties, I had not taken the time to learn much more than keeping it around my waist... until recently
A few weeks ago at a party Environment Encroachment, an awesome Chicago based, magic-circus marching band performed with a guy hooping as a part of the act. Later I found out he had only been practicing for 2 years! After realizing how much you can learn in not-too-long a period of time, I decided it was time to take my hoop more seriously. Especially with the upcoming amazing weather, and time off from school to practice.
I purchased two hooping instructional DVDs and have been studying them, along with instruction demos posted on youtube. Hoopgirl has way more moves but has much less explanation. Hoopnotica goes into excruciating detail (in a good way) but has much less moves. I can already do most of the moves on the Hoopnotica set, I just need to practice stringing each trick together in a flow.
Here's some of my favorites from youtube:
And here's dorky little me with what i've learned in the last two weeks.....
I still need to work on the 'dance' part of it, but i think i'm getting better!
2 comments:
so impressive..
And you had a smile on your face the whole time. seems like hard work and lots of fun too.
can't wait to see how advanced you'll be by the end of the summer.
hee! you are adorable!
Post a Comment