Monday, February 27, 2006

current events

I sold my car. I bought a (much needed) new computor. I have to say, I am unbeleivably intimidated and definately feeling overwhelmed with my new purchase. What have i gotten myself into? I need a private computor tutor for my tech-ignorant ass. eeks.

Last night I drank a entire bottle of wine, listened to M.Ward, started to get notalgic and wished you all were here with me, worked on the drawings on the walls of my room, started packing for the move west and for NOLA, and seem to have fallen back into the habit of drunk dialing and leaving loooong, rambling, retardo messages for friends who live far away. If you were the receipient of one of these calls I hope you were, at the very least, amused.

Today I took a trip to Target to buy some supplies for NOLA. I am now the proud owner of a headlamp!!! (very exciting) and hand sanitizer. They also want me to bring "a full or half-face respirator, tyvek suits (1 per day), and sturdy or rubber boots." I don't know what to expect down there, but this is a warning on the posted on the website:

"Remember, the circumstances you are entering are part of a DISASTER ZONE. It is important to take good care of your mental and physical health prior to arrival and during your stay."

Now I am sitting on the couch, feeling quite ill, nauseous and lightheaded... maybe it was the bottle of wine.

No comments: