Sunday, February 12, 2006

THE PROJECT RESULTS

(i must reiterate that None of these words are mine. I only compiled and reassembled them)

Her fragile winter optimism is lost. She got busy living and forgot regret. Yet the universe is so small and suddenly she is in love with everything. She is 29 years old but acting like a child: aching, crying, feeling, fucking, laughing, hoping, and jumping into the depths of contact.

All I want to do is go home and be alone and dream of clear ink skies and bending trees. Alone with airplane echo men dressed in cellophane pants and matching sweater vests. Thoughts prevail somewhere between fears and lost sequins.

His bumble bee garden completes the dream. Pedestrian botanicals laugh furiously. Violent streams of hot hot copper reinvent her tootsie pop, breeding arcane lyrics.

Skateboarding past stacks of delicious clouds, he feels the sidewalk watching, thinking of you and your sunshine. You are dirty sweet my girl, cuz you're dope to me. Three beers later you kiss me and then run. He is in love with a stripper and she is in love with the night.

The Explanation:
I have the opportunity to use Pyramid Arts Center letter presses for free (in exchage for my volunteer time). I wanted to write something but have nothing worthwhile to say (major writer's block). So I looked to my friends for help.


The Request:
"I need your words - any word, first thing that comes to mind... something you like, don't like, an adjective, adverb, action, a color, your breakfast, even an entire phrase worth of words, a lyric stuck in your head, something you're looking at, anything .. don't think too hard. do it. NOW!! it'll take about 5 secconds. tops.
Now send it to me... THANKS!"


The Collaboration:
I used only their words (none of mine) to compose a piece of writing. I will then set the type and hopefully have the time to print up a mini-artist book/zine before i leave.


The Response: I received an overwhelming 60+ messages from friends all over the country: containing words, poems, lyrics, sayings, phrases, letters, stories and more! Way more that i possibly could have asked for or ever imagined. Not only was I inspired with material but also with love and creativity and the imagination of others.

The Result:
It was actually way more difficult than i had imagined. I had soooo much freakin information (my friends totally rock). I fit what i could, where i could. It kinda has the feel of a strange dream or bizarre acid trip or something. I guess that's what happens when soo many thoughts collide.

No comments: