Friday, February 24, 2006

the final landing!

After 9 months of imperminence, waiting, drifting, floating, planning and traveling I finally bought my return flight home to San Francisco. I'm definately ready to sit still and settle into a more stable life... at least for the time being.... ;)

The Next Month in a Nutshell:
March 4th - 14th
volunteer with Rachel in New Orleans here: http://www.commongroundrelief.org/ They provide three meals a day and general housing for volunteers. We help with physical labor and rebuilding effort in the city (cause our governement is too busy waging war in the middle east to provide sufficient assistAnce for the citizens of this country. bah!)

March 14th - 21st
back in DC to pack and tie up loose ends

March 21st - 28th
I fly to Seattle to work on the grant proposal with Rachel. We want to create an Artist Book based on our experience in New Orleans. If we get the grant we will go to WSW for two months. We will get $3,200 and are expected to teach classes and create a limited edition Artist Book. Here are the details: http://www.wsworkshop.org/_art_opp/artopp_grant_aie.htm Even if we do not get the grant we still hope to find a way to publish the book on our own.

March 28th - I fly (one way!) from Seattle, WA into the Oakland Airport and finally (finally, finally) make my way home!!!

No comments: