Working on my grad school self assessment essay is so stressful.
Grad school is something I want so bad I can taste it. (talk about self inflicted pressure).
I start to think of myself as an artist, as a student, my influences, my history, my goals and aspirations, my strengths etc etc etc. and I totally freeze up.
Major writer's block.
I've always been somewhat introspective. I've always enjoyed writing. I've always achieved top marks on my essays in school. Why is this one so difficult to compose?
This one counts. It means so much.
I've found a few articles on line to help me organize my thoughts and hone in on my own thoughts while catering to what the admissions commitee are looking for.
http://career.utk.edu/students/grad_admissionessays.asp
http://gradschool.about.com/cs/essaywriting/a/essay1.htm
http://www.psychology.iastate.edu/index.php?id=76
But they may be confusing me more than helping. I need to just tust my own voice and take it from there.... (yuck yuck yuck, stress stress stress)
No comments:
Post a Comment