Thursday, January 04, 2007

~~ 2007 ~~

Although 2007 is here, I find myself continuing to dwell on 2006. Still not sure what to make of the past year, I feel as though I don't have stable, solid ground from which to start to examine the future...
who am I and where do I go from here? What do I want?

this is what I came up with:

New Years Resolutions and goals for 2007:
1) do more yoga, stay healthy, listen to my body
2) buy more organic products (better for the envirenment and better for me!)
3) floss more
4) read more (I did a lot in DC and New Orleans, but since I've been back in SF it's all gone to shit)
5) get health insuance (because of my broken wine glass incident last week, I've now been hit with over $1000 in hospital bills)
6) find solid ground and stability - it will put me in a place to focus on pursuing other goals in my life: making art, helping friends and family, visiting museums, pursing adventures and outdoor activities, art projects, volunteering etc.
7) be true to myself... first I must know myself.
8) listen more, talk less
9) respect and love myself, respect and love the people around me
10) be more helpful, giving and understanding - but I think I have to be stronger and more confident in myself in order to be in a place to not let other people affect me... maybe I should meditate more; get a better idea of what makes me happy ..... and I'm sure there are more variations I can give on the "be a better person tip" but that's ultimately what I want: I want to figure out how to put myself in a position where I can then work towards being a better person.

No comments: