I'm so sick of hearing the same music every time I go out. It bores the hell out of me and I find it entirely uninspiring. I looove dancing and shaking my thang, but only if the music inspires me. I don't go out any more because I rarely find anything worth dancing to.... frustrating!
This city needs a good 60s soul dance party revival. (or at least some remixes)
I bring up the 60s dance party for two reasons:
1) a girl I work with recently returned from a month long trip to Germany, specifically Berlin. She said they love 60s music over there and it's played in all the clubs. ... Aren't they on the forefront of many musical trends? personally, I think they're onto something.
2) last night I instead going out to a bar, club or party, I went to see Dreamgirls. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Some of the songs sent tingling shivers up my spine and I felt the music through my whole body. (To top it off I awoke this morning refreshed and ready to take on the day instead of my usual hung-over and sluggish Saturday morning routine.)
The point is: It is my opinion that this city needs to breath a little more heart and soul back into the music to reinspire the dance scene. I want to feel the music again.
All you DJs out there: you heard me?
1 comment:
Sounds like "1964" at Edinburgh Castle would be right up your alley.
Post a Comment