
First: urban, guerilla style capture the flap in the streets of French quarter tonight.
I invite a friend: "what type of people are organizing this?"
"I don't know... the type of people who think it's a good idea to organize a game of campture the flag in the middle of the city in the middle of the night."
"well, who's going to be there?"
"I don't know, the type of people who think an urban episode of capture the flag is cool."
two teams. 10-15 each... with a jail and a flag, cell phones. running through the French Quarter (including burbon street) on a mission. to capture the flag (duh)., the most fun I've had in the Quarter and on burbon st. ever!! we had arm bands, team game plans, and 007 super top secret missions. I found myself crouched behind cars, on my cell phone, sprinting through enemy territory, while all the tourists went about their regular Burbon street routine. hells yeah!!
then to the grand reopenning of Dragon's Den (since 'the storm') up the stairs from a coffee shop. a room with painted red walls and broken mirrors. I first see a punk rock band (totally made me think of Thor) and then ....... the band: "Why Are They Building Such a Big Ship?"
imagine: brass band meets circus music meets funural parade straight outta a Tim Burton Movie and on heroine (or something):::: black and white stripes, face paint, top hats, suspenders, an accordian, a trumpet, and three other brass instruments, a stand up bass, stomping, clapping, singing and dancing.... gorgeous strange beauty .. found in purest genuine form only in New Orleans!!!! and a room full of freaks, tattoos, dreads and wierdness...
amazing.. !!! and it keeps getting better and better.
good night beautiful city, tomorrow , I work.
No comments:
Post a Comment