Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Master Cleanse


I couldn't resist. This pic is too cute. It makes me giggle. :)

After much deliberation I've decided to give a go at The Master Cleanse, starting tomorrow. So for the next 10 days there will be no snacks...

Here's info on the cleanse directly from the wikipedia page:

"The Master Cleanse, also known as the Lemon Cleanse and the Maple Syrup Diet, was created by Stanley Burroughs in 1941. Burroughs states that it is a detoxification program that aids in the removal of harmful toxins from within the body, as well as a reducing diet and other claims. The cleanse involves drinking only lemonade made from fresh lemon or lime juice, Grade B maple syrup, water and Cayenne pepper. No solid food is eaten for the entire cleanse. Senna tea is taken every night, and in the morning warm saline is required. It is essential to go off of the cleanse slowly. The Master Cleanse claims to eliminate toxins (pesticides, hormones, prescription drugs, chemical fertilizers, heavy metals) and congestion that have built up in the body."

There seems to be lots of mixed opinions from friends who've gone through the experience. Some people love it while others had horrible experiences and only got a few days in. So, I've decided to at least give it a try for myself instead of continuing to wonder and consider. If I start feeling sick or unhealthy half way through I will cut the experience short.

I'm keeping an open mind but still not fully convinced of its benefits.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: