Monday, January 12, 2009

Master Cleanse: Day 1

wake up. First thing in the morning drink 1 quart (32 oz) of lukewarm water mixed with 2 teaspoons of uniodized salt. It acts as a saline flush of the bowels. First of all, I never drink this much liquid at once, I'm not sure if my stomach can hold that volume of liquid, but I'll give it a try.

Next prepare:
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/10 tsp cayanne pepper
10 oz warm water

Doesn't taste too bad, but my stomach hurts from all that salt water. I'm not feeling hungry, but I kinda have a head ache and feel a little nauseated.
Now, I sit and wait.

an hour later things start to move. It's not as bad as i was expecting.

I continue to make my lemon/maple concoction.. around 2pm i really start to feel my empty belly growl, but so far, it's all ok.

I want to get past 3 days at least and hopefully finish all 10.
we shall see...

No comments: