So I had a decent night sleep last night and woke up feeling ok. The pain and illness from the prior night had slowly gone away by the end of the evening, still I've decided to ease my way back on to food today.
According to the book it's really important to go back on to food slowly.
DAY 1 and 2- several 8 oz glasses of OJ
DAY 3 - OJ in the morning. Raw fruit for lunch. Fruit or raw vegetable salad at night. You are now ready to eat normally.
Since my cleanse was highly abbreviated (4 1/2 days instead of 10) I will just go straight to OJ and fruit and raw veggies.
I've decided to end it primarily because Chad and I are driving 700 miles tomorrow to DC for the inauguration. We'll be staying with my parents and catching up with friends in the area. I don't want to be fasting while driving (or sitting) in the car that long or while visiting with family and friends (where eating and drinking is always top on the list.) PLUS the inauguration itself will be a day long outdoor adventure in 30 degree weather and I don't want to worry about being cold or having to drink that awful juice.
Secondly, I just felt way to crappy the other day for me to risk feeling like that again.
and Third, I LOVE meal time and eating food. This is not the right program for a non-believer.
There were a few other factors that contributed to my dissatisfaction with this cleanse:
1) Chad was eating while i was fasting. No moral support and there was food constantly around me.
2) The weather is FREEEEZING outside, so I've been cooped up (and working from home) and have spent way too much time around the house thinking about food with little distraction.
So, that's all folks. I can't see myself doing this again any time soon although because never really gave it the full go, I wasn't able to see all the benefits to the program. Next time if I feel i need to cleanse i might just go with Lori's plan of only eating raw fruits and veggies for a week.
1 comment:
fuck that cleanse - zetta has me eating fruits and veggies and I feel tired and like shit. I can only imagine how hard that thing is.
Forget it !!
Post a Comment