I had trouble sleeping last night. I kept waking every few hours and I kept dreaming about food. In one dream i was eating a turkey sandwich. I realized that my food cravings over the first few days of the cleanse have been based on internal clocks and regularly structured meal times. I was so used to eating at certain times i psychologically switched into "eat" mode which triggered cravings. I'm sure it also didn't help that chad has been cooking and eating in close proximity.
I awoke again this morning feeling groggy and unrested. I took my saline flush, but only drank a half quart instead of the 32 ounces. It took about a half hour for the stuff to go through me. I don't want to go into too much detail, but there was more substance than i expected. Not alot, but it was more than just liquid which means there's still toxins and other things being excreted into my colon.
After an initial mid-morning burst of energy I crashed again around 2pm. My stomach grumbled, I felt nauseated and I had headache. Unlike the last 2 days I actually feel hungry today. Also my energy has gone in weird spurts of ups and downs, energy then crashes then naps then grogginess.
Right now I'm actually feeling hunger and discomfort that the maple-lemon concoction is not helping at all, just making me more queasy. My head aches and my stomach hurts, I feel bloated and gassy. I can't see how this is normal or beneficial It doesn't help that i'm still not fully convinced of the benefits at this point. It's been six hours of pain and all I want is it to be over.
I've chatted with friends who've done this cleanse before. None of them seem to have felt shitty on the fourth day, it was the days prior that they felt miserable. They're advice: if you have a head ache drink a little more 'snake juice.' but if you feel really, really continue to feel shitty, listen to your body. You don't have to continue.
According to The Master Cleanse:
".. some people experience a tremendous stirring up and may even feel worse for several days. It is not the lemonade that causes the trouble, but what the lemonade stirs up in the system that cause our dizziness and other disturbances. V0mitting may occur under certain conditions; increased pain may be felt in the various joints of the body; dizziness may develop on on certain days. If weakness develops at anytime it is the result of poisons circulating through the blood streatm rather than a lack of food or vitamins. this diet gives a person all the vitamins, ood and energy necessary for the full ten days or longer in a liquid form. Rest and take it a little easier if you have to - although most people can go on about their regular businiss without difficulty..."
So, I've decided to sleep on it and see how i feel tomorrow.
Either way, Chad and I are leaving to drive to DC for the inauguration on Saturday (700 miles, 12 hour drive) and I don't want to be cleansing while road tripping or traveling or staying with freinds and family. This experience has not convinced me it's worth continuing.
No comments:
Post a Comment