I haven't always been into the New years resolution thing. In fact I can't think of a single resolution i thought up or even kept in the earlier part of my life. This blog has actually been a really great place to put my thoughts in order and keep me accountable for my own goals. The last few years I've listed my resolutions for the upcoming years and have accomplished most of them by the end of the year.
I now floss regularly, eat healthily, buy organic when i can, and bike to work when it's not 10 degrees. I don't do as much yoga, but i still get excersize in one way or another. I have health insurance. I replaced a lot of the bulbs in my apartment with more energy efficient bulbs and take a canvas bag to the grocery store when i can (nomore plastic bags!). I also have a new version of http://miss-shayna.com !
2008 was eventful and full of changes. I feel like I'm still drowning deep in the midst of changes to really know what I want (or what's best) out of the coming year. I'm struggling feeling unsure of myself and waiting for life to settle for me to get a more accurate perspective on... goals, future, career.. myself. For now I have a short term list of things I want to get done and a long term logs of life goals and habits to change.
1) Balance -
it seems like i'm deep in one extreme or another. The beginning of the year was fun in San Francisco and the last three months was Grad School obsessions. I need to get better at finding time to relaxing while I'm a student. I want to find a better balance between fun and focus, between hard work and play. I know it's there, somewhere, I just need to get there.
2) Stay Healthy -
keep up all those good habits i've been working on that keep me feeling both physically and mentally healthy. Eating fresh veggies and staying active even through the Chicago winter. Remembering to go to the gym regularly will be a big part of this since i'm not used to so much cold weather indoor inactivity.
3) art/school -
hmmm, I'm not even sure where to start with this one. Or if it can really be a part of a list of resolutions, although it is something that feels unresolved. I do think it will just take patience and time to work out. So I will try to continue on with my life while keeping this in mind.
4)take better care of myself and of others
5)draw more, read more, write more,
6)print cards
7)Spend less time dilly-dallying online-
and on social networking sites, facebook etc.
Happy 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment