Fire Arts Festival last weekend was awesome. It totally channeled my inner cave-man:
"ooh, ahh, FIRE! FIRE!"
I was bartending but still got a chance to walk around and see most of the installations, plus we were camped out right next to "The Serpent Mother" one of my favorite pieces from Burning Man last year. I will definitely be at the festival next year and I want to look into take some metal working or welding classes there too.
I also worked the bar at Jenny's play last Thusday night and Friday. The play was amazing each time I saw it (the language, the sets, the humor, the tragedy) and I got to keep all my tips :) Today I spent most of the day moving, lifting and transferring the set into storage... I'm poooped!
I still have a million more volunteer commitments coming my way. In addition to my regular weekly spot at SFCB, I'm going up early to help set up and volunteer at Priceless this weekend, and I'm on the ball to help out with 3 (yes, THREE) different art cars. woo hoo.
If only we lived in a society that valued the arts more I might actually get paid for all my work... sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment