Sometime last week I got called in for an interview. It was all very casual and I thought nothing of it. The guy asked me ambiguous questions like: "Where do you get Chardonnay?" ... "Uhh, it's a kind of grape. It can grown in California... It depends on where it's kept in the restaurant... uhh..." and I left just thinking: "Well, whatever."
The restaurant is in Hayes Valley and has yet to open. It will be serving some sort of Mediterranean fusion tapas, or something like that. Training starts next week and the restaurant is due to open the week after next. I have no idea what it will be like: the clientele, the vibe, the other employees, the pace ... or anything really so I'm not sure what to expect. Can I work here? Will my (admittedly strong) personality fit? I don't know.
In the meantime I'm feeling a little stretched thin. Remember how I was excited to do all those San Francisco things I had missed out on while I was a student and working; when I had projects, class, and work every day of the week? Well, i've succeeded in saying "YES!!" to every opportunity that has come my way and now I don't know how I will make it all fit:
~I'm still volunteering at San Francisco Center for the Book
~I'm also signed up for two classes there.
~I've been helping with the set for "The Robber Bride Groom" opening this week, plus I'm volunteering to help work the door and/or sell booze for their two shows next Thursday and Friday.
~I'm volunteering at the Crucible Fire Arts Festival on Saturday July 14th, and have an orientation for it this Thursday.
~I have my interview for City Arts Gallery next Tuesday
~I will help volunteer for part of Priceless, and there is also an orientation meeting for that
~I am on the email list to help with TWO different art-car groups even though I have been unable attend any meetings for either of them.
All of this and now a JOB in addition to infinite birthdays, bbqs, art openings, and countless other social engagements and commitments.
oh woe is me ;) How will I manage to balance it all?!
No comments:
Post a Comment