Tuesday, January 03, 2006

it's me!

hiya,
weird... its me.

some people get offended by mass emails. Anyone who's known me for, at the very least, a year knows how much i move around and how often my life changes. I wanna stay in touch and let people know what's up, where i'm at.

sooo, here ya go! check if you're interested. i still love you even if i'm far away and out of touch.

Here's the condensed version of the most recent and relevant events in my life:

1. I just finished a 6 month internship at Women's Studio Workshop in Rosendale, NY. (www.wsworkshop.org) By far the most challenging and rewarding experience of my life. I, not only, accquired an incredible set of technical skills (silkscreen, letterpress, paper making, operating a studio, running an arts organization) I learned an immense ammount about myself and people and life. Any description i try to give here wouldn't even come close to summing up the experience. It was truely life-changing and i'm still processing it's affect.

2. I am now living at my parent's house in Washington DC. I had originally planned on staying here through March and driving cross country back to SF, visiting grad schools on the way .... After being here a week, i've realized it is not the healthiest or wisest plan.

3. I have decided to fly back to SF early/mid February and move into a place with Ben and his sister, Jesse. This I am super duper stoked about. The move in date is perfect timing: I don't have to couch surf, worry about looking for a place (thanks ben!), and i'll be moving in with friends. sweeet deal.

4. In the meantime, I just started a temporary job doing data entry for the collection curator of the Artery Group.. (it's semi-art-related-ish). It's a finite task of entering 1800 pieces of art into the computor. bulgh. Today was my first day And, i realized, the first time i've ever worked in an office setting, Ever... well, one that wasn't a gallery or a non-profit-arts-organization. Let's just say i was 'under-dressed.' At least i wore my clean pair of jeans and not the ones covered in ink and paint.

sooooooo.......
East coast friends: I'm sorry I couldn't be here longer, but it's awesome i got to see most of you my short time back.
West coast friends: I'll be back in SF soooon.
Midwest friends: I'm still planning that trip to visit grad schools (Chi-town, Mnpls, Iowa City) make sure there's room for me on your couch.

hugs and bugs and lots of love
oh and check out my art too: www.miss-shayna.com

ps. i've developed insomnia. the lower part of my left eyelid is twitching

No comments: